Leaving Everything Most Loved: A Maisie Dobbs Novel (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 10 in the Maisie Dobbs series.
- #1: Maisie Dobbs (Paperback): $16.95
- #2: Birds of a Feather (Maisie Dobbs #2) (Paperback): $16.95
- #3: Pardonable Lies: A Maisie Dobbs Novel (Maisie Dobbs Novels #3) (Paperback): $17.00
- #4: Messenger of Truth: A Maisie Dobbs Novel (Maisie Dobbs Novels #4) (Paperback): $17.00
- #5: An Incomplete Revenge: A Maisie Dobbs Novel (Maisie Dobbs Novels #5) (Paperback): $17.00
- #6: Among the Mad: A Maisie Dobbs Novel (Maisie Dobbs Novels #6) (Paperback): $17.00
- #7: The Mapping of Love and Death: A Maisie Dobbs Novel (Large Print / Paperback): $25.99
- #8: A Lesson in Secrets: A Maisie Dobbs Novel (Paperback): $16.99
- #9: Elegy for Eddie: A Maisie Dobbs Novel (Paperback): $15.99
- #11: A Dangerous Place: A Maisie Dobbs Novel (Paperback): $15.99
- #12: Journey to Munich: A Maisie Dobbs Novel (Hardcover): $26.99
- #13: In This Grave Hour: A Maisie Dobbs Novel (Hardcover): $27.99
- #14: To Die but Once: A Maisie Dobbs Novel (Hardcover): $27.99
- #15: The American Agent: A Maisie Dobbs Novel (Paperback): $16.99
- #16: The Consequences of Fear: A Maisie Dobbs Novel (Large Print / Paperback): $29.99
From New York Times bestselling author Jacqueline Winspear, now available in paperback—the tenth novel in the New York Times bestselling Maisie Dobbs series—“a series that seems to get better with each entry” (Wall Street Journal)—in which the death of an Indian immigrant leads Maisie in an unexpected direction.
In Leaving Everything Most Loved by New York Times bestselling author Jacqueline Winspear, Maisie Dobbs investigates the murder of Indian immigrants in London.
The year is 1933. Maisie Dobbs is contacted by an Indian gentleman who has come to England in the hopes of finding out who killed his sister two months ago. Scotland Yard failed to make any arrest in the case, and there is reason to believe they failed to conduct a thorough investigation. The case becomes even more challenging when another Indian woman is murdered just hours before a scheduled interview. Meanwhile, unfinished business from a previous case becomes a distraction, as does a new development in Maisie's personal life.
Bringing a crucial chapter in the life and times of Maisie Dobbs to a close, Leaving Everything Most Loved marks a pivotal moment in this outstanding mystery series.
About the Author
Jacqueline Winspear is the author of the New York Times bestselling Maisie Dobbs series, which includes In This Grave Hour, Journey to Munich, A Dangerous Place, Leaving Everything Most Loved, Elegy for Eddie, and eight other novels. Her standalone novel, The Care and Management of Lies, was also a New York Times bestseller and a Dayton Literary Peace Prize finalist. Originally from the United Kingdom, she now lives in California.
“Delves deeply into [Maisy’s] complicated relationships and hints at a compelling future.”
— Kirkus Reviews
“The cross-cultural theme adds another dimension to Winspear’s London of 1933….This tenth Maisie Dobbs mystery continues the series’ high quality, capturing a time and place and featuring a protagonist as compassionate as she is intuitive. A fine historical mystery with broad appeal.”
“Parting is such sweet sorrow….Winspear adroitly weaves a mystery involving tensions with race, class, and even love….Highly recommended for fans of strong women detectives.”
— Susan Moritz, Library Journal
“To remain connected to life’s possibilities, one’s mind must be open to change….It’s a concept that Winspear explores with grace and generosity in Leaving Everything Most Loved.”
— Jay Strafford, Richmond Times-Dispatch
“Psychology and private investigation: an unlikely combination of professions, especially for a woman in the 1930s. And yet Maisie Dobbs does both, brilliantly.”
— Adam Woog, Seattle Times Book Review
New Spring Hours!! Monday to Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
--New Sunday Hours: 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
We are here for limited in-store browsing and contactless parking lot pickup.
**Order online any time.