A Quick History of the Universe: From the Big Bang to Just Now (Quick Histories) (Paperback)
Strap in for a rip-roaring ride through the history of the universe, starting with the Big Bang, and bringing us right up to present day. What was the universe like when it was a few seconds old? How had it changed by its millionth birthday? And when did time even start, for that matter?! The story of the last 13.8 billion years in one handy volume, you can read about the start of stars, the growth of galaxies and the production of planets. Plus, there are some great dad jokes. Hold on tight...
Read the story of how the universe developed, and discover:
- In the beginning there was... what exactly? What was the beginning of the universe actually like?
- Some suns have just got that star quality... but which stars are really hot stuff?
- Who’s who in the galactic zoo? There are several different types of galaxy in the universe. How do they form?
- The tragic death of the star – how do stars die, and why?
- What’s blacker than black… a black hole!
- Peek into the future – what will the universe be like in the next few billion years?
- How do we even know this stuff? Read about the scientists who are figuring it all out.
About the Author
Clive Gifford has traveled to more than 70 countries, climbed rocket launch towers, ridden on robots, and flown gliders. He's had more than 200 books published and has received nominations for or won Royal Society, School Library Association, Smithsonian, and TES awards. He won the Blue Peter Book Award for Best Book with Facts 2019 for his title The Colors of History (QEB). Clive lives in Manchester, UK.
Rob Flowers channels his love for ghoulish characters, psychedelic colours, and anthropomorphic food into his bright and brilliant work. To the backdrop of a hoard of vintage action figures and Happy Meal toys, he creates his illustrations that embody this obvious love for humour and characters. His books for Wide Eyed Editions include A Quick History of the Universe and A Quick History of Money.
New Spring Hours!! Monday to Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
--New Sunday Hours: 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
We are here for limited in-store browsing and contactless parking lot pickup.
**Order online any time.