Weird But True Sharks (Paperback)
Closed Monday, May 29th for Memorial Day.
Monday to Thursday 10AM to 7PM--Friday & Saturday 10AM to 8PM
--Sunday: 10AM to 6PM **Order online anytime**
On Our Shelves Now
Other Books in Series
- #2: Weird But True Sports: 300 Wacky Facts About Awesome Athletics (Paperback): $8.99
- #3: National Geographic Kids Ultimate Weird but True 3: 1,000 Wild and Wacky Facts and Photos! (Hardcover): $19.99
- #4: Weird But True 2: Expanded Edition (Paperback): $8.99
- #5: Weird But True 4: Expanded Edition (Library Binding): $18.90
- #6: Weird But True 5: Expanded Edition (Paperback): $8.99
- #7: Weird But True 6: Expanded Edition (Paperback): $8.99
- #8: Weird But True 7: Expanded Edition (Paperback): $8.99
- #9: Weird But True 8: Expanded Edition (Paperback): $8.99
- #10: Weird But True 10 (Paperback): $8.99
Whale sharks have tiny teeth covering their eyeballs! It’s Weird But True! And this fin-tastic, photo- and fact-packed book in the best-selling series is the most jaw-some yet!
Sink your chompers into these wild facts:
- Great white sharks can detect a single drop of blood in the water from one-third of a mile away.
- Fossilized dino poop has been found with ancient shark bites in it.
- Ninja lantern sharks glow in the dark.
They’re all weird, and they’re all true. And there’s A LOT more where that came from!
From bizarre creatures in the ocean today to gigantic prehistoric sharks and even some pop culture shark weirdness, this portable, browsable, supercool book is full of incredible facts, amazing photos, and fun illustrations about everything sharks.
It’s the perfect book for shark superfans, trivia buffs, reluctant readers, and animal-loving kids of all kinds.
Hungry for more unbelievable facts? Check out Weird But True! Dinosaurs, Weird But True! Oceans, and the rest of the kid-favorite Weird But True! series.
About the Author
National Geographic Kids inspires young adventurers to explore the world through award-winning magazines, books, apps, games, toys, videos, events, and a website, and is the only kids brand with a world-class scientific organization at its core. This book and series is created by National Geographic contributors, including researchers, photographers, content experts, and educational specialists.