Me and the World: An Infographic Exploration (Hardcover)
Closing at 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 25th.
Closed on Thursday, November 26th for Thanksgiving.
Open Friday, 11/27 from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
New Expanded Hours!! Monday to Thursday 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
--Friday & Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.--Sunday 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
We are here for limited in-store browsing and contactless parking lot pickup. Order online any time.
**If you are shipping an online order, please order by 11/30/2020 to ensure holiday delivery.**
Me and the World is a colorful, eye-popping universe of infographics about global communities.
This content-rich book teaches about other kids and cultures around the world, all while stepping back and really seeing the big picture.
Me and the World is the perfect introduction for a generation entering an increasingly digitized, data-driven world.
• Packed with dynamic illustrated spreads about customs of other countries
• Invites readers to see themselves in its pages through a data lens
• Guided by a relatable, school-aged narrator
Me and the World pairs visual literacy with data literacy, using colorful illustrations and infographics to present information in a way young readers will not only understand, but enjoy.
Equal parts educational and entertaining, this makes a great pick for parents and grandparents, as well as librarians, science teachers, and educators.
• Perfect for reluctant readers, especially those who would otherwise gravitate toward numbers-based pursuits like math and science, rather than than reading
• The graphs, infographics, and maps are the perfect resource for educators looking for engaging content for children to understand data.
• Ideal for children ages 8 to 12 years old
• Add it to the shelf with books like The Wondrous Workings of Planet Earth: Understanding Our World and Its Ecosystems by Rachel Ignotofsky, The History Book: Big Ideas Simply Explained by DK, and The Science Book: Big Ideas Simply Explained by DK.
About the Author
Joana Casals is an illustrator and a graphic designer. She graduated in Fine Arts at the University of Barcelona and since then has been working as a graphic designer for publishers and communication agencies.