Goodbye Salad Days: Kevin Faces Adulthood (Hardcover)
On Our Shelves Now
Goodbye Salad Days tells the story of Kevin, a regular hamster in a familiar quarter-life crisis.
Kevin's got his own hamster-sized home, hamster-sized furniture, and the soul-crushing societal expectation to do adulthood right.
Both adorable and painfully relatable, this book is sure to hit a soft spot in any reader trying to make the best of growing up and facing adulthood.
• Features 25 scenarios with short captions
• Filled with full color photographs of Kevin in handmade dioramas
• At once perfectly weird and very relatable, making it a great gift
Life for Kevin means enduring the grind of work responsibilities, an aching body, and mounting pressure from his parents to start a family, among other things.
This sweet and funny book is a great gift or self-purchase for anyone hitting their quarter-life crisis and in need of some relatable laughs.
• This hilarious and cute book is for anyone who has experienced (or is about to experience) these moments of loss and despair, and need a good laugh or a pick-me-up
• Also a great gift for anyone who loves hamsters—especially funny photos of them
• Author Traer Scott is a celebrated animal photographer and has had work featured in National Geographic
• Add it to the shelf with books like Henri, le Chat Noir: The Existential Musings of an Angst-Filled Cat by William Braden, The Secret Life of Squirrels by Nancy Rose, and Awkward Family Pet Photos by Mike Bender and Doug Chernack.
About the Author
Traer Scott is a photographer, animal welfare advocate and author of many books. She lives in Providence, RI, with her husband, daughter, and their various creatures.
New Spring Hours!! Monday to Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
--New Sunday Hours: 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
We are here for limited in-store browsing and contactless parking lot pickup.
**Order online any time.