Frommer's Arizona and the Grand Canyon (Complete Guide) (Paperback)
We strongly encourage all customers to wear a mask regardless of vaccination status. Masks are required for unvaccinated adults. Thank you!
Monday to Thursday 10AM to 7PM--Friday & Saturday 10AM to 8PM
--Open 11AM to 5PM on Sunday **Order online any time.
Take the guesswork out of vacation planning. Frommer's hires only seasoned experts, in this case two renowned journalists who live full-time in Arizona. Their advice is savvy, dependable, and based not on one or two short trips to the state, but on a lifetime of exploration.
They offer an up-to-date, detail- and tip-rich commentary on Arizona's iconic sights, and will introduce you to restaurants, off-the-beaten-path attractions, nature spots, tours, bars, and shops, that few tourists know to visit. Most importantly, this book was fully re-researched after the pandemic lockdowns.
So whether you're going to be rafting the Grand Canyon, hiking in Sedona, living the high life in Phoenix and Scottsdale, or walking in the path of Native American history, this is the book for you.
Frommer's Arizona and the Grand Canyon contains:
- Dozens of stunning, full-color photos throughout
- Helpful maps throughout, including a fully-detachable fold-out map
- Strategic itineraries, including for families and weeklong stays, so you can make the most of your time
- Authentic experiences to help you appreciate this unique Southwestern culture, cuisine, historic sights and customs like a local
- Candid reviews, with star ratings of the best restaurants, attractions, tours, shops, and experiences--and advice on the ones not worth your time and money
- Accurate, up-to-date info on transportation, useful websites, costs, telephone numbers, health care options, and more
- Budget-planning help with the lowdown on prices and ways to save money, whether you're traveling on a shoestring or in the lap of luxury. Note: Frommer's always lists exact prices, not ranges, so there's less guessing with this guidebook
About Frommer's: There's a reason that Frommer's has been the most trusted name in travel for more than sixty years. Arthur Frommer created the best-selling guide series in 1957 to help American servicemen fulfill their dreams of travel in Europe, and since then, we have published thousands of titles became a household name helping millions upon millions of people realize their own dreams of seeing our planet. Travel is easy with Frommer's.
About the Author
Gregory McNamee is a writer, photographer, and editor of Zocalo, an arts and culture magazine published in Tucson. He is the author of Tortillas, Tiswin & T-Bones: A Food History of the Southwest and was the first writer to document the Sonoran hot dog, now an international sensation. His work has appeared in the Washington Post, Outside, Smithsonian, Science, and CNN.com.Amy Silverman is an independent journalist based in her hometown, Phoenix. She's written about Arizona for the New York Times, the Washington Post, Travel + Leisure, The Forward, PHOENIX magazine, and Phoenix New Times, where she edited the alternative newsweekly's annual "Best of Phoenix" edition for more than a decade. Her work was included in The New York Times 36 Hours: 150 Weekends in the U.S. & Canada.