We will be closed on Monday, May 30th for Memorial Day.
We strongly encourage all customers to wear a mask regardless of vaccination status. Masks are required for unvaccinated adults. Thank you!
Monday to Thursday 10AM to 7PM--Friday & Saturday 10AM to 8PM
--Open 11AM to 5PM on Sunday **Order online any time.
Please Note: We do not accept consignments from Thanksgiving to Valentine's Day due to the busy holiday season and then prepping for inventory after the new year.
Books on the Square is proud to support local authors through a consignment program that enables authors to sell their books in our store. We are a small independent bookstore and therefore we have some limitations on the consignments that we are able to accept.
In order for us to consider your book, you must first leave a copy for us to review along with our Consignment Request Form that will provide us with information that will enable us to make an informed decision.
- Titles accepted for consignment are limited to authors in our immediate area.
- Books must be printed in a professional manner, and the title and author should be listed on the spine of the book.
- The author is responsible with providing us with the books and for any publicity and/or social media promoting the book.
- The author is responsible for listing links to local bookstores that stock their titles on their social media sites.
- 70% of the retail price is paid to the author after the titles are sold.
- Consignments are paid out in January and July.
- If the book sells out early, then we will pay for those that sold and request more copies.
- Any unsold books must be picked up within 60 days of the end of the consignment period. Books left longer than 60 days will be donated.
- Books must be picked up Monday – Friday between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Any other arrangements for pick up must have prior approval.