Expanded Sunday Hours starting April 2nd: 10AM to 6PM
Monday to Thursday 10AM to 7PM--Friday & Saturday 10AM to 8PM
Returns of merchandise purchased from Books on the Square will be permitted only if presented in saleable condition and within the time period listed below.
Post-Holiday Returns: We extend our 30 day return policy to the middle of January as we realize that a lot of our books and merchandise are given as gifts.
RETURNS WITH A VALID RECEIPT
- Returns accompanied by the original sales receipt must be made within 30 days of purchase. The purchase price will be refunded in the same form of payment as the original purchase, exceptions for cash and check, which will be refunded in the form of a store credit.
RETURNS WITHOUT A RECEIPT / GIFT RECEIPT
- Returns without a receipt must be returned within 30 days of purchase date and must be presented in saleable condition. Exchanges without a receipt are eligible for an exchange or store credit only.
- Sealed items, such as audio books, puzzles and calendars are non-returnable unless damaged or misprinted. Damaged items are subject to the same time period and receipt requirements listed above and can be exchanged for the same item only.
- Gift certificates, used books, clearance or bargain items, college and testprep cannot be returned or exchanged.
Returning books is completely hassle-free. Return your book within 30 days from the date on the receipt, in saleable condition and accompanied by the store receipt and original packing slip, and we will credit the same card used to make the purchase. Shipping costs are not refundable unless the return is due to a fault on our end.
- Books on Tape, Books on CD, or Tapes that have been opened are not returnable unless damaged or misprinted. Any defective item(s) will be replaced with the same item(s).
- Travel, College, Test, Textbooks, and Restaurant Guides are not returnable.
- Opened software is not returnable.
Send returns to:
Books on the Square Mail Orders
471 Angell Street
Providence, RI 02906 USA
We recommend using UPS, FedEx, or insured parcel post.