Returns of merchandise purchased from Books on the Square will be permitted only if presented in saleable condition and within the time period(s) listed below.
Please note that we extend our 30-day return policy to the middle of January for items purchased during the holiday season.
RETURNS WITH A VALID RECEIPT
Returns accompanied by the original sales receipt must be made within 30 days of purchase.
- The purchase price will be refunded in the same form of payment as the original purchase.
- Items purchased by cash or check will be refunded as store credit.
RETURNS WITHOUT A RECEIPT
Returns without a receipt must be returned within 30 days of purchase and must be presented in saleable condition.
- Exchanges without a receipt are eligible for exchange or store credit only.
Please note the following special cases:
- Sealed items, such as audiobooks, puzzles, and calendars, are non-returnable unless damaged or misprinted.
- Damaged items are subject to the same time period and receipt requirements listed above and can be exchanged for the same item only.
- Gift certificates, used books, clearance, or bargain items cannot be returned or exchanged.
- Travel, college, test, textbook, and restaurant guides are not returnable.
- Open software is not returnable.
You may choose to return your online order in person or by mail within 30 days of purchase.
- Eligible items must be in saleable condition and accompanied by the store receipt and/or original packing slip.
- We will credit the same card used to make the purchase.
- Shipping costs are not refundable unless the return is due to a fault on our end.
If you are returning your item(s) by mail, please use the following address:
Books on the Square Mail Orders
471 Angell Street
Providence, RI 02906 USA