Expanded Sunday Hours starting April 2nd: 10AM to 6PM
Monday to Thursday 10AM to 7PM--Friday & Saturday 10AM to 8PM
We look forward to any questions and inquiries not mentioned here. Please contact our manager, Jennifer Kandarian, at email@example.com.
Save your receipts and bring them back in January and July to get a 10% credit on the subtotal. Age of receipt doesn't matter as long as it is legible.
--Online orders can be looked up by us; Only the previous 6 months are eligible for the 10% subtotal reward.
Returns of merchandise purchased from Books on the Square will be permitted only if presented in saleable condition and within the time period listed below.
RETURNS WITH A VALID RECEIPT
- Returns accompanied by the original sales receipt must be made within 30 days of purchase. The purchase price will be refunded in the same form of payment as the original purchase, exceptions for cash and check, which will be refunded in the form of a store credit.
RETURNS WITHOUT A RECEIPT / GIFT RECEIPT
- Returns without a receipt must be returned within 30 days of purchase date and must be presented in saleable condition. Exchanges without a receipt are eligible for an exchange or store credit only.
- Sealed items, such as audio books, puzzles and calendars are non-returnable unless damaged or misprinted. Damaged items are subject to the same time period and receipt requirements listed above and can be exchanged for the same item only.
- Gift certificates, used books, clearance or bargain items, college and testprep cannot be returned or exchanged.
Returning books is completely hassle-free. Return your book within 30 days from the date on the receipt, in saleable condition and accompanied by the store receipt and original packing slip, and we will credit the same card used to make the purchase. Shipping costs are not refundable unless the return is due to a fault on our end.
- Books on Tape, Books on CD, or Tapes that have been opened are not returnable unless damaged or misprinted. Any defective item(s) will be replaced with the same item(s).
- Travel, College, Test, Textbooks, and Restaurant Guides are not returnable.
- Opened software is not returnable.
Send returns to:
Books on the Square Mail Orders
471 Angell Street
Providence, RI 02906 USA
We recommend using UPS, FedEx, or insured parcel post.
Visit our store or simply make your purchases by website, email, or phone. Call or email Jennifer at 401-331-9097 or jennifer(at)booksq.com, or order online to pickup in the bookstore or have it shipped to you.
BUYING BOOKS THROUGH booksq.com
We only accept credit cards for online purchases. Though there is always an element of risk in using a credit card, all transactions are sent to our server using secure encrypted connections. We keep records of nothing.
- Titles in-store will ship within 1-2 business days via USPS Media Mail to the continental US. The shipping price may vary with oversize books.
- If we have to order your book from our supplier, it may arrive as early as 2 business days, or up to 10 days depending on availability.
- If we have to special order your book directly from the publisher, it may take 2-5 weeks, though it can be earlier.
Prices in the online database are usually current and accurate. When the price is incorrect and lower than listed, we will ship with the lower price. When the price is incorrect and higher than listed, we will notify you and wait for your approval before shipping.
Place an order at our store for single or multiple copies. Have it shipped to your place of business or pick it up in the store the next time you visit. Call or email Jennifer at 401-331-9097 or jennifer(at)booksq.com.
Call or visit our store to request a price quote.
We sell used books at 50% off the original price. Browse our used books and find a bargain.
--Twice a year, our used books are 50% off the 50% off, so you can get an even better bargain.
Please Note: We do not take used books from Thanksgiving to Valentine's Day.
If you have recently published, gently used books that you want to bring in to the bookstore, we will go through them to see if they are re-sellable in the bookstore. We do not accept college guides, test prep, textbooks, or travel/restaurant guides.
--We will accept one box or two bags at a time. We have a form for you to fill out when you drop them off.
--We do not review used books at time of drop-off. We will contact you in 2-3 days, so please be patient.
--For all books deemed re-sellable, you will get 25% of the total value in store credit.
--For books we do not accept you can choose to take them back or donate them to our dollar bins.
--All proceeds from our dollar bin sales are given to local literary organizations.
--You have 14 days from 1st bookstore contact to pick up unaccepted books (if this is chosen) or they will be donated to the $1 bin.
--Please Note: We do not accept used books from Thanksgiving to Valentine's Day.
Our store offers discounts every day on selected book titles ranging from new releases to bestsellers to in-store book club picks.
- Active Military & Veterans » 10% off every day
- AS220 Card Holders » 10% off every day
- In-store Book Club pickups » 10% off every day
- Brown Employees » 10% off every day
- College students (with valid I.D.) » 10% every day
- Frequency Writers » 10% every day
- Gifts for Schools » 10% off every day
- Grub Street Members » 10% every day
- Senior Citizens » 10% off Tuesdays
- Teachers (for personal use) » 10% every day. See below for classroom discount.
- Members of Trinity & The Gamm theaters » 10% off every day
- Wayland Square Employees » 10% off ever yday
- WGBH/WPBS Members » 10% off every day
- What Cheer » 10% off every day
- Single, qualifying store purchases of $500-$1,000 » 20% everyday
- Purchases over $1,000 » 25% everyday.
- In addition, documented tax-exempt organizations are not charged sales tax.
Outlined below are specialized discounts we offer to provide value to our customers. We’re sorry, but these discounts DO NOT apply to orders placed online.
Please note: If more than one discount is applicable to a title, the higher of the two discounts will be applied. We do not combine discounts. Discounts do not apply to purchases of gift certificates.
CLASSROOM DISCOUNT - More information on Schools & Libraries page
If you are a teacher, librarian, or homeschooler for students in preschool through 12th grade, you are eligible for the Classroom Discount. The 20% discount will be applied to the list price of books purchased for use in the classroom or for classroom preparation. Online purchases, gift certificates, and shipping are excluded. This discount may not be combined with other coupons, discounts, or in-store promotions and applies to the retail price only.
BUSINESS, INSTITUTION, and GOVERNMENT SAVINGS and SERVICES DISCOUNT
With this discount , you will find it easier to meet your organization’s book needs at our store. Whether you’re building your organization’s library, rewarding valuable employees or clients, or looking for training materials to stay on top of your industry’s changing demands, Books on the Square is here to save you time and money in the process.
We are happy to support a variety of non-profit and community organizations. However, since we receive so many requests, we have decided to limit our donations to organizations involved in education and literacy.
We must receive a written request on official organization letterhead with contact person information. Please send all requests to Meghan Admirand.
Organizations that will be receiving donations will be contacted two weeks before the date of their event.
Books on the Square believes that your privacy is of the utmost importance. We do not profile you by asking your age, income, or other personal information. We ask for billing and shipping information if you place an order, and that information is stored completely offline where it is completely secure from intrusion. We never sell your name to anyone.